Sunday 9 August 2009

radio gaga

Behind my overlocker you can just see my radio. It's an ancient analogue Matsui which means Mum must have bought it years ago. The fm/lw/mw button's broken so you have to fiddle with it to get it to work.

In my former London life I used to work for Radio 4. We had gorgeous Pure digital radios in every room...when we moved to the digital desert that is the Peak District I 'loaned' them to my Mum (who moved down to London the same day we moved up here!). Roll on switchover.

I'm fond of this one because I once lent it to John Prescott when he was being interviewed for a BBC 5 live report that I produced in Manchester. (Read the Home Business magazine for more on my former life)

When I'm sewing I have it turned up really loud. (Probably why my writer husband works downstairs!). Generally I listen to Radio 4 til about lunchtime, then after Sean or Martha on The World at One it's time to tune into Simon Mayo on 5 live. Then it's back to Eddie Mair's PM of course.

When I fancy a bit of music I tune into High Peak Radio (you might hear me reading the news for them from time to time!). They allow me to indulge my passion for radio & kindly allowed me to do a lovely series about people born and bred in the High Peak which is also being published in Derbyshire Life magazine.

I'm also a podcast and audiobook addict...please post any recommendations.

2 comments: