Monday 1 March 2010

you're it!

I've just be tagged by Helen, the creative genius behind Storeyshop who's challenged me to publish a photo from my album and tell the story behind it. It's a great idea - to see other people's random pics and the stories behind them and a wonderful way to discover new blogs.

THE RULES:
1. open you first photo folder
2. scroll to the 10th photo
3. post the photo and tell the story behind it
4. tag 5 or more people

MY PHOTO

Well, this really is random! My husband and I wrote & published a book (using the fab blurb.com) for my god-son, Sam, called "The Growl & The Pussycats go on a big adventure to the top of the hill". The characters are our Finnish Lapphund (Moses), our Streatham street cat (Mr Enos Knibbs) and our Norwegian Forest Kitten (Loki). The sneak out of the house up the hill behind our house (Cracken Edge). I photo-shopped the animals in a rough & ready way and we set the words to the rhythm of Edward Lear's The Owl & The Pussycat.

Subsequent publications have been The "12 Days of Christmas" for our god-daughter Mia ("On the 1st day of Xmas my true love sent to Mia, a Moses in a Pear Tree" etc) and "Tilly Toadstool's Dictionary of Big Words and Little Words" for my other god-daughter.

Peak Princess fans will know my handmade Liberty print clothes are all named after friends' children so "Mia Rose" is my shift dress; "Tilly Toadstool" is my pinafore and "Samuel L" is my shirt.

I'm tagging:

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the Tag sweetie. I have done it! I am rubbish at Tags, but it is done. Thanks for the link too, and Freya looks adorable in her new dress. I will phone you tomorrow sweetie, I just got home from work (grrr).

    ReplyDelete