Tuesday 12 October 2010

couture cock-ups

Sometimes you just can't figure something out - no matter how blindingly obvious.

I've just spent two days trying to figure out how to put a simple welt pocket on my new 'Hugo Alexander' Liberty lined boy's denim jacket - those lovely tailored pocket openings with hidden interiors. 

Yesterday I gave up and called Mum.  She was a couture designer and has the added advantage of being a very modern mother who lives in the centre of London and loves email & texting.  I sent a pic taken on my mobile of my total cock-up.

PS In case you're wondering it helps if you sew the welt fabric on the right side and don't cut a letter box sized hole twice as wide as you were meant to!!

PPS In my defence I did figure out how to make a lovely placket cuff for my new 'Finley Oskar' Liberty print long-sleeve boy's shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment