Friday, 18 March 2011

cut your own Cloth

If you've ever fancied having a go at making your own clothes or simpler projects like scarves or bags then Cloth Magazine ( is for you.  This new, handy A5 size mag is packed with lovely ideas to inspire you to design, make and wear your own creations.

I was flattered to be asked to come up with a new design that readers could try for themselves.  The result is my new 'Baby Annie' sundress*.  (Issue 7, spring).  Mum and I put our heads together and I hope we've come up with a design that will encourage you to have a go.  You can download the pattern here. 

If you don't feel up to it, I'm more than happy to make one for you - they are now available online in the Liberty print of your choice for £32.99.  (The 3 original samples are also on sale from £9.99)

* Peak Princess fans will know that all my dresses are named after my friends' children.  This latest one is named in honour of my friend Janneke's little girl.  I thought it was apt as Janneke's a designer too.


  1. This is just great - thanks for sharing! Hope you are well

  2. Hi Maggie - yes really well thanks. Very busy with bridesmaids. Glad you like the pattern - one of my little customers is already giving it a go with the sewing machine she got for Christmas. Hope things are good with you. L

  3. Hi, Love you pattern & I've just tried to download it but it came up with an error message - please help me

  4. Thank you for sharing this. Will be buying my wife a copy as she loves making her own clothes.