Tuesday 26 May 2009

frogs and snails and puppy dog tails...

... what do little boys like?
I've had loads of Mums asking me if I make boys' clothes so I've set to work on my new 'Peak Prince' range.
Yesterday I went round to Chipo's house to see what her little boy looked like in my "mark one" dungarees.
They fitted well and he looked really comfy but they're still a bit girly. So "mark two" will have less sugar and spice or rather fewer gathers and a lower waist.
...and I'm also experimenting with a newborn baby romper suit for boys and girls...
...this is a polka dot sample (6 month size) that I ran up, inspired by a pattern in Marie Claire Idees.

I love my new culottes (called 'Charlie Mouse' after our friends', Tim and Angela, little boy).
But I think they are a little long and could do with being a wee bit narrower in the leg.
My Dutch friend, Delphine's been trying them on her little boy, Jan Piet, who looks super cute in them.
There's lots of development work to do to finesse the patterns. And I'd like to include a top in the range too.
I've set up a little group of product-testing Mums (thanks to Chipo in Chinley, Delphine in The Hague, Jane and Alex in London and Sarah in Old Basing) and hopefully you'll see the results soon.

Please do let me know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment