Monday 8 June 2009

home enterprise (and crushed fruit)

I've been really struggling to find business books that aren't totally terrifying or filled with mumbo-jumbo or management speak that doesn't have any relevance to someone working from home who runs the mini-est of micro-businesses.

Last week I discovered a gem that I wished I'd read six months ago. I stumbled across it via a recommendation on an American small business blog. Spare Room Start Up by Emma Jones is packed with practical advice.

It's really inspiring and makes you think you can do it. I emailed to tell her as much and she's done an interview with me about Peak Princess on her website called Enterprise Nation.

I'd also recommend Richard Reid's book about the creation of Innocent Smoothies. Again, it's full of good humour and makes business seem do-able and fun.

2 comments:

  1. Just read your interview - you make beautiful clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks CeeGee! Just looked at your site...really lovely stuff. I'll put a link up to you on my blog. best wishes. Lissa

    ReplyDelete