Monday 15 June 2009

northern belles, liberty belles and baby belles

Saturday's school fair at Buxworth was a delight - sunshine all day and my friend Sally was up from London to help out on the stall. Her daughter Issy is the inspiration behind my Izzy Whizzy baby top and culottes set.

I also met Kate and her daughter Emily of Emily Pickle fame. Check out her range of handmade lovelinesses. She kindly invited me to blog on Northernbelles Crafts.

The little red headed dollies on the stall are Jellycat Liberty Belles wearing 'Ros' print dresses which match my spring/summer collection. My sister-in-law, Sophie, is the design brains at Jellycat. I also have Liberty Bunnies in 'Tatum' and 'Nancy Ann' prints which are super sweet. I used them during my photo shoot and the three sisters who modelled the dresses loved them.

And 'Baby Belle' is the name for my new romper suit that I'm designing for baby girls. I'll also be doing a 'Baby Beau' version for little boys in Liberty's new car print which is just adorable. Pictures coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for leaving me a comment ,l have just read your blog and you are very talented and make such sweet garments l am about to make my granddaughter a smocked dress as my daughter is haveing her christned and she is nearly two and a half so a long dress would not be appropriate l thought l would try to do a tutorial on smocking but not sure if l can but l will certainly have a go. Best wishes Pat

    ReplyDelete