Friday 5 June 2009

upgrading

...not tips on getting into first class on your next trip across the Atlantic.

I'm afraid this is the slightly more mundane job of making a pattern in a larger size. (Or downgrading to a smaller size).

I've been asked by a customer to make a little girl's version of my 'Bella Luella' puff-sleeve baby dress and matching knickers in Liberty 'Ros' print.

It's more time consuming than it sounds but the great thing is that once you've made up your pattern then you can keep it for next time so in the long-run it saves loads of time.

Mum's tip is to cut each pattern in a different colour card so you can easily pick out which dress you want to cut.

But as you can see, mine are a bit of a mish-mash....

When inspiration strikes I never seem to have enough of the same colours. (I usually use Daler-Rowney Canford card in 300gsm. My favourite is 'bubblegum pink').

I could go into much more detail on this but tonight's the Castleton fell race & I've got to be early to pick up my new Goyt Valley Striders running top so I must dash.

No comments:

Post a Comment