Tuesday 7 July 2009

buttons and bonne maman

Mum's been up so we've had a sewing fest. I've asked if she will start buying 'Bonne Maman' jam - not just because it's the best jam in the world, in the prettiest red gingam jars but also because the tops are lovely and wide which means that you don't have to tip all of your buttons out every time you want to use them.

It's also a marvellous excuse to buy delicious Wild Blueberry jam. (I prefer the French name of 'myrtilles sauvages' which always makes me laugh as I think the savage berries will jump out and attack.)

I'm also delighted because I've finally found a local button manufacturer & dyer - a family firm called Charles Singleton in Sheffield. I'm very much hoping I'll be able to use some of their lovely buttons on my autumn/winter samples.

Speaking of which...I've just made up an autumn/winter preview sample of my forthcoming pleat shift dress in Liberty baby cord for my friend's little girl Issy (who the 'Izzy Whizzy' top and culottes are named after). Photos to follow...

And thank you to everyone who I met at Thornbridge Hall's Summer Charity Garden Party on Sunday. The sun shone.

No comments:

Post a Comment